As the weather spikes into three-digit territory, I try to condense my time outside into brief spurts throughout the day. Since I can only do so much reading, Netflixing, baking, Tumblring, etc. before I become a total zombie, I’ve compiled some summer crafts for you and I to try. Crafts are fun!
- Make a watermelon cocktail keg for your next patio get-together. You don’t have to follow the drink recipe–there are lots of different kinds of drinks to try.
- I’ve posted this tent before, but I still think it would be a quick and thrifty DIY.
- Paint your own chevron rug.
- Dye your own sneakers! It would be cute to trick out a pair with purple hombre. On an hombre dying kick? Try making this hombre table cloth!
- I’ve posted these before, too (I think), but they could be so much fun for summer.
- Arrows. Lots and lots of arrows.
- Quick and easy chalkboard frame–so cute!
- Make some vintage tin candles.
- Martha Stuart has loads of crafts on her website. I was going to link a few, but, really, you can search yourself. Her crafts could keep you busy for this summer and beyond!
- Bake a beet cake. (Beets still remind me of Dwight Schrute.)
- Monogram some mugs from the the thrift store.
- This might be a little ambitious, but make your own outdoor kitchen.
- Add some detail to a boring door.
- Hello Sandwich’s gift-wrapping zine would be perfect to augment your crafts–you’ll be able to wrap and give them away with style.
Let me know if you make anything, or if you have any other crafts to consider! I realize this is barely even the tip of the crafting iceberg.
Photo is by DesignMom.